Simple classic tuna casserole – mom thrivesMart 20, 2021
We’re a sucker for good comfort food so I decided to make a cheesy, warm, and delicious tuna casserole about a week ago. I’ve made tuna casserole a few times in my life but this one was simple and super tasty.
I won’t bore you with a long story about tuna casserole because you are really here for the recipe.
The recipe is simple and consists of typical ingredients that I have at home. I don’t do much outside of onion cream soup (or celery soup). I think these two add really great flavor that goes well with tuna.
Because of the simplicity of this recipe, you can replace, add, or change the following ingredients.
Classic tuna casserole
- 1 bag of egg noodles
- 1 can of onion cream soup (or celery soup)
- 2 cans of tuna
- 2 slices of toasted bread
- 1 can of peas
- Shredded cheese of choice (I used mozzarella)
- Salt and pepper for seasoning
- Preheat your oven to 375F while getting your bread toasted and boiling water in a large saucepan. When the bread is done toast, set aside to cool
- In a large saucepan, cook your egg noodles until tender and then drain.
- While your pasta is draining empty, add the can of onion soup with half a can of water, drained tuna and peas to the pan and mix without heat.
- Put the pasta back in the large saucepan and mix all the ingredients together.
- Alternate pasta and cheese, place the pasta and tuna mixture in a 9 × 13 pan or similar pan.
- Coat the top with as much or as little grated cheese as you want, then sprinkle your toast on top.
- Bake for 20 minutes and serve.
Simple tuna casserole
There you have it, super simple tuna casserole perfect for a busy weekday dinner. Remember that you can change the ingredients to suit your taste. I hope you enjoy it.
How did you change the recipe? Let me know in the comments below. Follow me on Pinterest for more of this and pin this on your favorite dinner recipe boards.